Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

DOUBLE sigh...

well, my beloved iBook is in the shop. Not under warranty. Something to do with the logic board or something else. Dunno exactly what, but whatever it is, it will cost $300 to fix. Apple's flat rate repair. Which could either work in my financially favor or cost me a lot of extra dough when the part in question is worth five bucks and they spend five minutes installing it.

Oh well.

Better my computer be ill and in the shop to the tune of $300 than one of my cats be ill to the tune of any amount of money. That's my attitude and I'm sticking to it.

Unfortunately it means that I am sans computer for 5-10 business days. And while sometimes I have spare time at work to write quick posts, lately it's been busy busy busy and I haven't had the time to spare. Right now I'm using Dave's computer 'cause he's taking a break from his work.

Dave is also going to do a guest post on my blog. He has his OWN blog at www.davefitzgerald.blogspot.com, but is using that for updates on his project and speaking engagements and doesn't feel it's a proper forum for posts about movies. And since all the BEST bloggers seem to be getting guest writers, I want one too!

But we'll have to use Firefox instead of Safari as the internet connection 'cause Safari is very limited in what it'll let you do when you're creating a post. For instance, there's no way to create a hyperlink. What the hell is that about, Safari?

Anyway...I'm gonna wander off and unpack boxes since I'm a: done with CHILL (HAHAHAHAh!) and b: have to give up the computer again.

Wah.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Firefox is the mac daddy.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The 268.00 I spent on my sick cat was totally worth it. And while I hope they'd never be sick, I'd much rather spend the money on getting or keeping them healthy, than on computer repairs. :p

    :D

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I'd spend all the money in the world on my cats, but if I had to choose either cat or computer to be sick, I'd choose computer 'cause it won't sit there and look at me with sad feline eyes...and it won't cry if I leave it at the shop. I kind of think you missed my point there, JB...

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dunno. I think I got your point. But I was kinda trying to go for sarcastic humor. But you know how humor is... you never know if it's a flop until after it's flopped. And this attempt flopped and hasn't yet got up and walked off the stage.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    It's wiggling around begging to be put out of its misery... :-)

    Nah, it wasn't that bad, I just didn't interpret it as humor 'cause you know me and cats...nothing funny about a sick cat! I appreciate your levity, even if I didn't get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet