Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Website et al

I spent a few hours at Leslie's today, working on my website. Rather, she worked on it while I sat at her side and tried to follow along as she navigated templates, codes and other arcane webbish things. I actually understood some of it, but other things? Not so much.

It was fairly collaborative, though, as I got to pick out the design and colors for the header and am now working on names and contents for the various pages. If you want to check out the design, go to here.

I'm watching FIELD OF DREAMS while I work. I've already been going through a wave of nolstagia (reading BETSY AND TACY books, craving foods from my childhood), but dang it, FIELD OF DREAMS is like rolling in a bed of glass as far as bringing back bittersweet memories. I thought I'd be living in the midwest...raising at least one kid, writing... ah well. It's still one of the best movies ever.

And back to the website.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Um, is it supposed to be in Latin?
    --Peggy

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the photo, by the way...
    --Peggy

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Yeah, it's still under construction, hence the Latin 'filler'. Not like my audience would be into the dead languages...except for our friend RIck!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Julia said…

    Hi there!

    Nice work on the homepage! I like the picture in the "low-down" area - I suppose it's you?
    I wish you all the best with your book, will it be available in Germany as well? Or just over amaon.uk/.com?

    Greets Julia

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Hi, Julia! Thank you for your kind words and while I'm not sure if it will be available in Germany, it will
    definitely be available on Amazon.uk. I'd LOVE if it went worldwide...ah, to dream...

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Oh, and yes, that's me in the lowdown!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet