Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday ramblings

The weekend is sadly coming to a close...wah! Two days is just not long enough when a person works 40 plus hours a week. Three day weekends should be mandatory. It is the word of Dana and should be obeyed!

on the other hand, I've had a nice weekend. My pal Jen (the female half of our best friends and fellow bad movie afficianados) took me out to tea at The Secret Garden Tea House on Lincol Way over by Golden Gate Park. We had the ubiquitous tea sandwiches, scones with Devonshire cream and little bite-sized pastries, along with a pot of tea each (English Breakfast for Jen, Madame Butterfly green tea for me). Yummy...

We went for a long walk on Ocean Beach after that. Luckily there are two public bathrooms along the way 'cause all that tea did a number on my bladder. You didn't really need to know that, did you? Ah well, I'm watching MEGASNAKE (a Sci-Fi Channel original, which will tell you the level of craptitude without you even needing to see the movie) and it's turning my brain into sludge. It's not my fault! Blame Sci-Fi!

Urgle. They're showing the trailer for Rob Zombie's remake of HALLOWEEN. Or should that be 'reimagining' of HALLOWEEN. For someone who claims to be this big horror fan, you'd think Rob would know better than to fuck with a classic. Michael Myers talks before killing his sister in the flashback scene. Yeah, that's scary. The original worked 'cause this kid (and then the adult) never said a word. You barely saw his face. He was implacable and had no humanity to appeal to. Carpenter made one of the scariest low budget (or high budget, for that matter) horror movies of all time and if it was gonna be remade (and there was no reason for a remake), it deserved better than this piece of high-octane, gory poo. Feh! Oh well, I'll just drown my sorrows in MEGASNAKE.

Still haven't sat down to tell the tail of teror that was last Friday night/Saturday afternoon. Or 'tale of terror', for that matter. I have a kitten perched on my shoulder with her tail lashing in my face, so it's understandable that I made that mistake. It's... it's SCI-FI Channel's fault, I tells ya! I'm blaming everything on Sci-Fi and Rob Zombie. I can't blame the kittens 'cause they're too damn cute!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    Now, a bad movie about kitten zombies should really present some cognitive dissonance for ya!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See, the thing is that I couldn't shoot kitten zombies in the head. So I'd just die...and come back as their zombie mommy!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    C'mon! You couldn't shoot kitten zombies? I'm going to have to rethink who I plan to partner with when the undead come to feast.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, like you'd be able to shoot Pye if he zombied out. Not likely! You'd be all, 'Oh, Pye, my baby, it's my baby! Don't shoot him!' right before he starting chewing on you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet