Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Writing from Sunny San Diego

Or semi-hazy San Diego, to be accurate. There's still a bit of the morning cloud cover burning off, but it's looking to be another gorgeous day. Good for me 'cause I'm house and cat sitting for my parents for 10 days! Aside from going through kitten withdrawal, I have to say this is a really sweet deal: pool in the backyard, a pile of junk paperbacks to read while sunbathing on a raft in the pool, time to write without interruption, a fridge full of good for me and yummy food, a few bottles of wine, plenty of time to exercise (walking, surfing, TRX'ing)... What's not to like?

Okay, there IS a jellyfish infestation at the beaches right now, which makes surfing a bit problematic, but ASIDE from that... And I will still go out while I'm down here. I did not lug
my board all the way from San Francisco just to have it sit in the backyard. Of course, I could practice knee paddling in the pool...

I'm getting together with a couple of friends while I'm here, but for the most part I wanna just be by myself and relax. And then when Dave comes down next week, I wanna play tourist with him and relax. Key word here is 'relax.' I haven't been by myself in so long (gone are the days of working at home when I use to crave company after too much solitude) I just wanna wallow in it.

So off I go to wallow. More later.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    Lucky beotch! A POOL?! You never mentioned the pool. It isn' house sitting, it's a freakin vacation. I'd be in that pool every day. A house and pool to yourself?! Perfection!

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm loving it. The only reason I was NOT in the pool yesterday is 'cause let's just say I was a bit over-enthusiastic in my sunbathing Tuesday and Wednesday. So I'm a tad pink. As one of my goals is to recover my southern cal gal tan, no peelage must occur!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought they had "tan" in a bottle now. So one doesn't have to risk sun damage for that healthy mexican tan look. Of course I don't understand the concept of tan in the first place. So what do I really know.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tan in a bottle ain't the same as the sheer pleasure of lying on a raft in a pool. I'm careful about it (usually), but it's just one of my favorite things to do. Sunblock and NOT falling asleep while doing it are good things! And the tan in a bottle looks like shite.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger The Ferryman said…

    Enjoy the wallowing! LOL

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Hey, Mr. Fab! I AM enjoying the wallowing! Thank you very much!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    No tan-in-a-bottle? So you won't be orange when you return to The City?

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    No, I'll be golden brown as befits my southern california gal heritage!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet