Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Five kittens...

Hey, few faithful readers. Dave and I took on five newborn kittens two weeks ago...if you know anything about newborn kittens, you know that means bottle feeding every 3-5 hours. There is no sleep. I don't mind that...but I do mind losing all five of them to what was most likely a congenital defect. We're burying the last one tomorrow. I'm tired, sad, and kinda drained.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having been there before, I felt like the emotional fatigue was worse than the physical. So sorry...
    --Peggy

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    Oh holy crap! See this is why I could NEVER do this.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I'm not sure if I could do it again, but give me a while to recover and then I'll think about it... I think that the physical and emotional exhaustion feed off of each other when they start dying. I could handle being physically tired if they'd made it. So yeah, emotional tired beats physical tired!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    Deep sympathies for you and Dave, and big hugs for giving the lil' kitties a fighting chance!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet