Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Friday, October 06, 2006

*cough*...*cough*...

Yup, I've been a bad blogger...or rather, I've been a sick blogger. Some sort of flu, complete with a cough that hits at night and keeps me up hours on end. Blech.

Needless to say, I haven't had a lot of energy for much beyond work (and I took Tuesday off, slept ALL day long) and basic household maintenance. I don't have any sort of concentration or focus - I've been reading the SAME BOOK for four days! I usually finish a book in a couple of hours! This is MADness. MADNESS, I says!

I was gonna go to Humboldt this weekend, but it didn't work out. So I'm gonna stay at home, rest up, let the cats use me as a naturally heated pillow. Get healthy.

I hate being sick. I usually get something for a day, shrug it off and move on. So when it lasts more than a couple of days, I get cranky. Some might say dysfunctionally cranky. Whiny, even. I would probably kill for a good night's sleep. Instead of resorting to murder, I'm trying a Scottish remedy - whisky, water, lemon, honey, nice and hot, right before bed. I'll let ya know how it works.

In the meantime, I swear I'll get back to reading blogs and doing more posts of my own. But hey, I did submit the mother of all submission packages for my mystery novel. I think I might have coughed on it before it went in the mail. So if they don't like my writing, maybe they'll like my bug.

heheh....*cough*cough*cough*...

heh.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Even swashbuckling swordfighting ass kickers get sick, y'know...*cough*...*cough*...

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    Humbolt?

    Remember, you are Giles...

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Am I leaving Shmoo in danger,
    Is my Slayer too far gone to care....

    hee hee...*cough*...

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK--I don't get the Giles reference. Buffy's Giles??

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    We'll talk...think buffy musical.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    Okay, I think your illness exemption has run out. New post! New post!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet