Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Promo for a Pal


When I met Mark, we were both working on a very low budget movie. The movie, PRINCESS WARRIOR, was my first lead role in a film. The fact that I was paid the grand sum of $25 a day paled beside my excitement at being cast as the villainess in a Hollywood film. Never mind that the budget was $100,000 for pre-production, production AND post-production. I was jazzed.

But this post isn't about PRINCESS WARRIOR. It's about Mark Adams, who was one of the very small crew working on PW. He also had the distinct thrill of playing one my concubines (in the film, people!). He got to wear blue lipstick, a loin cloth and not much else. Lucky Mark.

Despite this career set-back, Mark went on to pursue a career in filmmaking. This link will take you to his website. I urge you to take a look - it's a fascinating and humorous diary of his career in low budget and independent films. If you're interested in Princess Warrior (yes, there are some pictures of me and quotes from an article I wrote about making the film that was published in Morbid Curiosity), go here.

And even more exciting, Mark just finished a documentary about World War II and the remembrances of South Carolina veterans who fought in it. This link will take you to a two minute promo. Hopefully we'll be seeing the entire documentary soon!

It sounds silly considering I only knew Mark for the few weeks during the filming of a very bad movie, but I'm really proud of him. I'm sorry I sent you to the mines with the other concubines, Mark. I should've kept ya!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I'll have to send you the essay I wrote about it...as for DVD? Well...er...I ain't saying.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The one you showed your parents was bad enough----

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    'kay, I fixed the link!

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you can get Princess Warrior and "Eye Serp" for one low price!

    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=SMD007559

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    ARGH!!!!!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Redzilla said…

    Hey, Mark is apparently a University of Kansas alum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet