Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On Hold


I really want to take a break here, but I'm currently on hold with Sprint/Nextel. You know, the kind of 'hold' where it alternates supposedly soothing music with an automated voice telling the listener just how very important the call is to them, but why don't we go online and use the automated system instead.

I hate them.

I've been on hold for 20 minutes. And ironically, the minute I typed '20', the representative picked up. She's very nice, which eases the pain of holding. But 20 minutes of hold time? Feh!

I really need to get myself a wireless headset to wear at work 'cause I hate using speaker phone, which means I tuck the receiver between my ear and my neck and end up needing a visit to the chiropracter because I screw up the alignment and get a migraine. In fact...

CRACK.

That's the sound of my neck popping back into place after a few careful head tilts from side to side. I can do that if I catch it right away before everything locks up.

And now I'm off hold, off the phone and off to take a break!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet