Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Wine Recommendation


I know not all of you are into wine the way that I am, but if you are, or you're interested in expanding your horizons, I have a newly discovered (by me) red wine bargain for you to try - Sacred Stone Master's Red Blend.

Imagine chocolate, blackberries, and a hint of underlying earthiness, all tied together in a rich, smoky finish.

Or, if you think I'm full of shit what with the hyperbole, just imagine liquid yumminess.

This is for fans of Tempranillo who also like cool labels.

Currently on sale for $6.99 at Cost Plus. Normally $8.99, which is still a bargain for a wine this complex in this price range.

I would drink some right now if I didn't have a sore throat and a bit of an achy head leftover from whatever grunge illness attacked me Friday morning, just in time for my three day weekend.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    Oooh, I'll have to get some!

    Of course I am either having the Mother of All Allergy Attacks, or I'm sick with a minor cold, so I'll probably wanna wait on the tasting myself...

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Well, I have a minor cold and it STILL tasted yummy....get some! Get some!!!!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I am not familiar with MD 20/20...given your history, I probably don't want to try it, do I?

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Kayla said…

    Any flavor mixture of berries and chocolate has got to be good!
    I'm sold :-)

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Berries and chocolate...yup, can't really beat the combo, be it in wine or in a dish...

    how many hours before I'm home with my nightly glass of wine?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet