Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Good things that have happened this week


1. I received my first official UT paycheck (UT being a partial acronym for the company that I work for, about which I have nothing but good things to say). I was hired on full time as of last Monday and am quite happy with the situation.

2. I received a big old box of U goodies (U being an acronym for UT's mother company, which I'm also very fond of) to welcome me on board. Nifty!

3. I got a gift certificate and award from Westaff as their Associate of the Month for June. Sweet!

4. One of my work colleagues called me 'efficient.' And she was serious! I feel all grown up now...

5. Another work colleague brought me a bottle of cabernet from China to try!

6. Dave got a new job!

Needless to say, some lovely Prosecco was consumed last night to celebrate the occasions. Otherwise, the diet remains in place!

On another note, go check out Mr. Fabulous's new blogsite. Gotta love the noir graphics! I'm very chuffed that he hadn't heard the expression 'Glee Globes' before running into me. Hah!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    er, "anachronism"? I think you mean, um...I forget. But not that.

    Congratulations, in any case!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I changed it...oops!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger CP said…

    Careful not to get DOOCED!!!!!

    It's a shame we have to worry about stupid crap like that, isn't it?

    Good luck with the ventures forward!

    CP.

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    i can see that you have a great site.... do you like to do Link exchange with my blog let me know by mail honeyfam02@gmail.com thanx in advance if you agree we should do both. mine http://english-premier.blogspot.com
    and there is also http://timesfunny.blogspot.com u can exchange any one u like byee..

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Mr. Fab, it is indeed about time that you receive honors and a station befitting your talents. I will accept my job in your administration with pride and creativity.

    J.B, thanks for the good wishes - it does suck that you're having so much trouble finding a job. I know for a fact that you're a damned good employee! GR were idiots to keep Denise instead of you.


    Hanif, thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I'll shoot you an email.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    And CP, god, I hope I don't get dooced! 'Cause I...I actually LIKE this job! Which is a first for me...

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said…

    BlogMad hit!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    Wow. I just went over to Mr. Fab's blog and read the account of his doocing.

    I still don't understand why it happened, but it does confirm all my worst paranoia about the working world these days.

    I'd offer these suggestions:

    Don't tell anyone at work that you blog. Just don't. I haven't.

    Don't blog about work, other than as you've been doing, in the most general, glowing terms.

    And I'm all about blogging anonymously, but I do understand why others make a different choice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet