Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Random Post

Not really sure what I want to talk about...my brain is still pretty much a gooey mass from spending time with four kittens who are currently in residence. They're living in the office at present, until they get tested for various feline diseases and can mix with the rest of the gang. I know I'm gonna have to give 'em all up eventually...and it's already a heart-breaking prospect.

Sigh...

I knew this was gonna happen...but it still hurts every time. However, without the emotional investment I put into every cat that comes into my life, even for a short time, I don't think I'd make a good foster mom. These little kittens were on death row in an over crowded shelter, stuck in cages, scared, separated from their mom...they need love. They need unconditional, overflowing, baby-talking, human momma cat adoration until such time they're adopted by an individual or family that'll give 'em the same kind of love.

Yeah, I cry like a baby when they go away. Sometimes I cry in front of the person adopting them. And yeah, I feel like a real ass when I do that. I don't want the adopting parent to feel bad about taking the kitten. But sometimes it just happens.

I managed to get kitten poo on my shirt again tonight. Not sure how, but that's okay. In the course of acquiring my decoration of stinky shit, I had four kittens in rotation on my lap, purring, playing, snoozing...happy. And when I think of their little frightened, sad faces the first night they were here and see the difference...that's worth a few tears. Not to mention a little kitten crap.

So...does anyone want a kitten?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    Teh CUUUTE! Teh CUUUTE!!!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Yup...I just lie around as they crawl on me while my brains puddle around my head. Kinda scary.

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger David Fitzgerald said…

    I have to say, they really are the cutest damn things in the world- even when I want to strangle them for getting kitten poop everywhere, lacerating my hands and feet or attacking my bookshelf, I just can't resist their sweet faces and roly-poly little antics -damn them and their implacable cuteness! Oh, look! There they go again! Awww...so cute!

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    "Implacable cuteness." Well put, Mr. Fitzgerald! At least you haven't leaned back INTO the kitten poop...

    Awwww...thanks, Mr. Fab! I live to be your hero...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet