Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Apathy

I dunno what it is, but I've just got no energy. Is it the South Beach diet, which I started Monday, after a bout of urgly stomach? Dunno. But my engines, they're not firing on all cylinders.

I mean, the South Beach diet is a healthy enough way to eat, even in the first two weeks (otherwise known as Phase 1), which is sans bread, alcohol, fruit and anything high in fat. Phase one allows lots of veggies, lean meats, low fat cheese, nuts, seafood...all stuff that I like. And you'd think that I'd have more energy what with cutting out sugar, right?

Wrong.

After a day at work, I get home, walk the dog, make dinner, and then settle on the couch in true potato-esque style in front of the television. I can see my laptop sitting on its case, but it seems like too much trouble to pick it up. Tonight is an exception, only because I swore on the heads of my cats that I'd at the very least post something on my blog this evening.

I'm hoping that this is just a side effect (affect?) of toxins making their way out of my system and that next week we'll see a new, improved Dana, full of creative energy, one that can't wait to crack the lid on the laptop and write, write, write!

I mean, jeez louise, I fell asleep in the middle of SHAUN OF THE DEAD the other night. It wasn't even 9:00 yet. That's just wrong. I mean...SHAUN OF THE DEAD, people! I think it's a crime in certain countries to fall asleep during this movie.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    You body is adjusting. By eliminating bread you're taking in a lot less sugar (fast energy). Protien gives you energy but not as quickly.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    And my chiro just told me the same thing. YOu are wise!

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't know about effects from the diet, but it sounds the way I feel when the depression kicks up (for me apathy is definately one aspect of it).

    On a side note I never thought of bread as fast energy. I always thought since it was a complex carb- it released slower and more consistant energy. And I used to have Chicken wraps for lunch to avoid the afternoon office sleepies. Which seemed to work pretty well.

    Whatever it is hope things work out.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad I don't live in one of those countries----

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    SHAUN OF THE DEAD!!!

    Well. It happens.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    JB, thank you for your good wishes and carb insights. It depends on the type of bread, btw, as to how fast your body absorbs it. White bread is a sugar rush. I owe you an email, btw...

    You KNOW I'm serious if I swear on my cats, Mr. Fab!

    MS...I know...I'm ashamed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet