Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Urgle

This is the sound of my stomach talking. I fed it sausage rolls, scones with clotted cream & raspberry preserves, and tea yesterday. It's not happy with me. I was awake most of last night with severe stomach pain, nausea, fever and chills, and sweat enough to float a small boat. I felt cruddy enough, in fact, to take a sick day today, something that I rarely do these days. I have to feel crappy enough to know that if I don't stay home, I'll be even sicker the next day or, like today, know that five minutes on the Muni and I'd be throwing up on someone's shoes.

I'm feeling better now, thank you. But my stomach is still saying "urgle" at regular intervals. So I'm watching THE CAVE, a bad horror movie that T.C. sent me. I figure my stomach is already urbly, so what better time to watch a shitty movie?

No wine, though. No alcohol for two weeks. No sausage rolls either. Which is probably a good thing.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    My stomach says 'urgle.' Especially after I've been eating relatively austerly and then feed it sausage rolls, scones and clotted cream.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like the sausage rolls were bad.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    The Cave? Why do you torture yourself like that?

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Because, MS, I love bad movies...LOVE them. Except ones that aren't bad enough to be amusing. As it was, I zoned out midway on this one so I'll have to watch it again, when I've got other people to share the badness and can drink wine!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    You too? I was sick too! Those damn sausage rolls! Was Dave sick?

    I had to take Pai to the vet Monday morning and then went in to work around noon, only to leave for home again around 2pm.

    I've been working day and night (rehearsal) the rest of the week unfortunately and it's morphed into something else. I've been coughing and sounding a lot like Kathleen Turner.

    Sigh.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Dave was not sick, so obviously you and I got the bad sausage rolls. Ah hah! Now we know! Next time we'll stick to the scones and cream...

    Is Pai okay?!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    He has bacterial infections in both ears. What made me take him in was profuse drooling however. They couldn't find anything else wrong with him.

    So either the ear infections are making him drool when he sleeps or he misses his daddy.

    Time will tell.

    Regarding the sickness: It was probably the sausage rolls then. It put me off eating those left-over scones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet