Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Still iBook-less

Boy, what in the world did I do back in the days before computers? IBM Selectric was my best friend...and barring that, a decent ball-point pen and a yellow legal pad. I handwrote the first draft of Murder for Hire...printed out the 'finished' draft (the first of many) on an old dot matrix printer with corrogated sheets of paper that had to be separated by hand.

yeah, you young whippersnappers who've never known what it's like to live in a world without personal computers. I was tough. Walking miles and miles to school through icy blizzards type tough.

Now I'm a wimp. Without my iBook, there is no writing at home. I haven't had time to do anything at work that was non-work related, with the exception of this quick post I'm dashing out on break time. I feel...emasculated. Which is kind of weird since I'm a girl.

So I continue to wait for the call from the Apple Store, telling me that the operation has been successful and waiting for me to bring it home. Until then...anyone out there wanna do a guest post? It can be quick...it can be short. Or long if you have a lot to say. About any topic you want. I just hate the thought of my blog just sitting there without new posts...Yes, I've let it wither on the vine in the past, but that was when I didn't FEEL like writing. Now I do and I can't. Even if I exercise some of my old muscles to -- *gasp* -- handwrite something. I still can't post it.

And for all of you bloggers who I try and visit on a semi-regular basis...I will be back. I may not comment on every post that I've missed in the meantime, but I'll be there. Right now it's just hit and run visits, if I even get the time to hit in the first place. Sigh. I bet that Mr. Fab has 20 new posts about now...I'm just gonna rename him Mr. Prolific.

Seriously, though, folks. Any and all topics welcome.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    The insanity is setting in...I find myself trying to type on any flat service...like Shane on SURVIVOR with his rock Blackberry...

    Very sad...

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why I remember when we had to write our messages in the dirt, with a stick, in the dark. And sometimes it rained and there was MUD!!!!!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    At least you HAD a stick! We had ta use our fingers!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger kattbanjo said…

    I love my ibook. I refuse to let anyone touch it! Thanks for the visit!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    thank you for visiting too, Katt! I don't like letting anyone else touch my ibook...but sadly...I didn't have a choice. Wah!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    My handwriting is SO dreadful! I hardly use it at all any more. I was shocked that I had to fill out an employee review form last week by hand! - they change them every damn year and they vary from department to department and I'd always done them on computer before...and I'm like, "hey, don't blame ME if this is illegible! You've got to be kidding!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet