Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stan Lee's HARPIES

I caught about five minutes of STAN LEE’S ‘HARPIES’ on Sci Fi Channel. No shock there. That it was on Sci Fi, that is. Sci Fi, once again balancing their decent series with some of the crappiest movies ever made. Five minutes were enough to make it clear that HARPIES was a low budget rip-off of ARMY OF DARKNESS, complete with a Tim the Blacksmith lookalike (if you’re an AOD fan, you’ll know who I’m talking about) and a performance by Stephen Baldwin that, within those 300 seconds, brought words to my lips that I never thought I’d have occasions to say.

To Mr. Stephen Baldwin:

You, sir, are NO Bruce Campbell.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger David Fitzgerald said…

    I was stunned that in just three lines of dialogue, its place in the truly wonderfully awful Hall of Fame was assured. actually, I think they clinched it as soon as the words "starring Stephen Baldwin" appeared in the promo spots.
    Crap-tacular!
    xo
    -D

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Heh...yeah, it's a rare and wonderful film that can show so much badness in such a short time...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet