Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back From the Dead

And I could spend a paragraph or few telling you why I've been offline, but I won't. Instead I'm going to simply share a bit of very good news. After over 15 years since the first draft was written, I just got a publisher for my mystery novel MURDER FOR HIRE. To say that I'm excited about this is...an understatement.

I'm supposed to receive a contract in the mail this upcoming week. Until I receive the contract, sign and return it, I'm not gonna say anything else. Call it superstition...call it whatever you want, but I don't want to jinx this.

However...

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I'm very happy. And I'm inspired to write again, which is something that has been long in coming. Inspiration for writing, that is. Having a publisher, a real live (not dead and NOT a vanity press or self-publishing company) publisher actually like my work and want to put their money into seeing it into print is...well, like all the best chocolate desserts in one room along with a bottle of Opus One. Or some other high end wine. That's just the first one that comes to mind right now.

And now I'm gonna veg out and watch A FISH CALLED WANDA. I have horrible cramps today and spent a couple of hours melting portions of my brain by watching all off THE WEDDING PLANNER. I had three cats on my lap, no remote, and no motivation. I watched CHERRY 2000 and am feeling better. A FISH CALLED WANDA should wash away any remnants of the insipid, stupid, and unbelievable hijinks involved with trying to convince the viewing audience that Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConnaughy have any chemistry. Feh.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    MEGA-PONIES!!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congradulations!

    Does this mean an literary agent is not far behind?

    Good luck with everything.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Puppies AND ponies! And literary agents? I don't know, but I'm sure gonna start working on that as soon as I get the contract signed.

    Thanks, everyone!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Redzilla said…

    Woot!!!!

    and a YEEHAW!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet