Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Team America...Fuck Yeah!

Which is apropos of nothing other than the fact that I've been waiting NINE MINUTES for the previews on my DVD to end so I can watch the movie. Jeez louise...and fer crissake, already!

I had grandiose plans for the evening. Get h0me, feed the kids, clean the house, go buy cat food and wine for gifts, come back home, tae-bo, shower, cook dinner, eat, wrap presents, work on my Christmas projects OR hang up clothes and do yet more laundry.

Heh.

I did manage to get through all of it up to the eating of dinner. But after a session of Advanced tae-bo (the classic advanced workout that's only available on VHS, the one where you just KNOW that Billy Blank is really watching you)...

hee....puppet martial arts battle here...

...anyway, I showered, cooked, ate...and am now collapsed on the couch with a serious of case of the 'you must be kidding' whenever my conscience suggests I do something useful. Nah. That'll happen tomorrow.

And hey, I'm posting! I have a kitten on my lap, a glass of Chevere (imagine the accent mark over the second 'e'), a lovely cabernet with a label that sports a picture of Che (another accent mark, please!), and TEAM AMERICA playing. And if you don't think TEAM AMERICA is funny...well, just go away, please. You obviously never watched THUNDERBIRDS in your youth and think that George W. Bush is a good president.

Yes.

Go away.

I'm gonna cross-post this over at my new Vox blog. I will not, however, use a red font against the dark gray background as my poor blind sister has complained that she can't read it.

Here's the big question, folks. Can my parents possibly get over the vulgarity in TEAM AMERICA and enjoy one of the best satires on the jingoistic patriotism of the Bush Administration? I'd have to fast forward through the unedited puppet sex scene, of course...but I think it'd be worth a try.

What do ya say, Mom?

5 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FAST FORWARD BUTTON, ZHADI!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I had a kitten AND a laptop on my lap...I couldn't reach the remote!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Probably not----or maybe. Why do they have to be so raunchy? It IS possible to be funny without all that. I have laughed for years without all that---It might be better if Bill and I watched it without you guys. I would keep worrying about my babies watching the naughty bits.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    because it's puppets! that's sort of what makes the raunchiness funny. The puppet-tude of it all...

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MERRY CHRISTMAS, Zhadi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet