Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Quickee!

I have no idea what I'm gonna write about, but I've been offline again for a week and felt the need to post something. I had the flu last week and man, other than migraines and the occasional stomach bug, I'd forgotten how badly one of those nasty ass flues (or influenzas) can knock a person on their ass. Ground glass in the joints. A wheel of pain in the stomach that radiates from the center to every part of the abdomen. Diarrhea. Vomiting. Unable to sleep because it's impossible to get comfortable. Weird fever dreams. I had a fever of 101 last Tuesday and that was when I felt moderately well. So...not sure what it was last Thursday night when I was huddled under a pile of blankets and couldn't get warm, but those dreams were pretty hallucinagenic. Blech!

I feel pretty good now (Monday evening), but am taking it easy. Enjoying the fact that my 'net connection is up and running. Looking forward to a trip to L.A. and San Diego Thursday through Monday. Watching JUNK, a Japanese zombie movie that gets the whole zombie genre. Trying to keep Raven, my angelic kitten, off my computer keyboard. Hoping that while I'm in San Diego it a: doesn't rain, b: I don't get my period, c: don't pull a muscle and d: the surf is decent 'cause I REALLY would like to get at least one good surfing session in this trip.

Wine news? Pinot tasting last weekend was fun. I had some tasty Oregon pinots and one really outstanding Chardonnay that had no oak whatsoever, but had an amazingly creamy mouth-feel. Sineann, I believe. Probably the best Chardonnay I've had after Sanford's Barrel Reserve. REAL Sanford. Old Sanford. back when it was still Sanford.

Did I mention I love wine? So much fun to discover new ones or to find ones that maintain their quality with every bottle and each new vintage.

Oh! Layer Cake Shiraz from Australia. I'd get up and look at the label (I wanna say it's from the Barossa Valley), but that would mean displacing a kitty. And we don't do that in this house.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    I am still searching for good wine in China. I know it's here but it's tough to find and/or expensive. Ah well. Home soon enough, the travel gods willing!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    Wine? You, Zhadi? That's crazy talk.

    Sorry you've been ill. I hope you have a nice trip.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    OH. I have it on reliable authority that the good wine to try in China is "Grace." This from a Brit who's one of the owners of a wine bar near the Lama Temple.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet