Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Hao Wu Article in the Wall Street Journal!

I'm referring you to a post in the Paper Tiger for a comprehensive update. But I was so excited to see Hao Wu's picture on the FRONT PAGE of the Wall Street Journal, with a great article by journalist Geoffrey Fowler detailing Hao Wu's plight.

According to one of my colleagues, who is from China, this sort of international publicity is potentially embarrassing to the Chinese government and, unless there's more to Hao Wu's detainment than has been brought to light so far, might be the impetus for his release.

Here's hoping!

technorati tags:

4 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    Thanks for posting! And thanks for reminding me about the technorati tag, which I totally spaced on.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I know, i keep forgetting about the little buggers myself...and they're very useful!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    That is good news! I look forward to the day when I take the "Free Hao We!" from my blog, because it won't be needed anymore.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Yeah, MS, it'll be nice to know that it's not needed any more 'cause he's out and about and hopefully making more films!

    And Mr. Fab, even more so a dream of Other Lisa's - she knows him!

    Thanks, guys, for your support!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet