Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday Post

Nothing specific to talk about; just putting something up 'cause I'm trying to post every day and already missed yesterday due to:

A. Slept in as long as possible so the cats could have Momma time
B. Had my hair done (my bangs took the color way too well, so I have very coppery bangs that almost, but not quite, blend in with the rest of my hair. I look kinda like a calico cat.
C. Took Boska for a 2 hour walk on the beach and collected many shells and pieces of sea glass.
D. Went over to Rick and Jen's for the rest of the day.

Jen and I watched PERSUASION (most excellent Jane Austin film, dudes!) while Dave & Rick did some gaming. Jen and I had baguette, cheddar cheese, Branston pickle, scones and tea, and made sure to extend our pinkies while drinking.

The first two of hours of the pilot for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (the new one) was next on the agenda. Not bad at all, although I was leery of the show when I first heard about it. We would have watched the final two hours, except yours truly was promised that we'd crack open the second season of BUFFY. We made taco salad in between BSG & BVS, huge salads full of beefy, cheesy, beany goodness mixed with tons of lettuce, tomato and avocado. Filled with food and red wine, I fulfilled my role in Buffy Night and fell asleep halfway through the second episode.

Eeewww...Boska just farted. Dang, dog farts are foul. Especially when they've been eating crab claws (against their mother's wishes!) scavanged off the beach. Stinky old pup.

Anyway, time to get down to writing. This was a nice little warm-up. Except for the dog fart. I feel kinda woozy here...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Well, the BSG miniseries is actually only three hours -- they bill it as four hours on the DVD because it aired over two nights at two hours per night, but they're "forgetting" to mention that the commercials took up fifteen-minutes of each hour!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Ahhh...a good reason to get the DVD, MS!

    Perfect even without chinese organ donors, Mr. Fab?

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Zhadi --

    Just get the first season box set. The miniseries is on there, and you'll want to dig into the episodes once you're done with it!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't have cable so the DVD box set was how I saw BSG season 1. It's really good, I enjoyed it and I've watched it more than once.

    However I'm really pissed at the Sci-fi channel with the way they handled the season 2 DVD's. They only released the first half of the 2nd season, so now I'm stuck waiting until they decide to release the rest of season 2.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet