Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Friday, November 11, 2005

And ANOTHER quick post!

I'm almost ready to start posting regularly again...Finishing up some outstanding business (as in I'm long overdue to finish it, not that I'm doing anything outstanding), crawling out of a black hole of a mood, and trying to shake off the last of this stupid cold. I know there are writers who created some of their best work when depressed (Sylvia Plath and company), but I'm not one of 'em. When I'm in a down cycle (as opposed to a spin cycle), I view my computer with an animosity rivaling that of a classic Star Trek fan towards Wesley Crusher, and the creative portion of my brain with the same suspicion that any right thinking person views the Holodeck. Ain't nothing good gonna come out of either of 'em!

I don't do depression well. My natural state is Pollyanna-esque optimism. So when I'm down, I don't handle it with any grace at all. Especially when I'm sick. Don't you hate it when you have a cold and everything you say comes out sounding whiny? I do.

But I digress. I've got three days of wine tasting in Napa/Sonoma/Healdsburg to write about, including the fact that enough cold medicine combined with wine will make a person forget that they're sick, even if they STILL sound whiny...

More later!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet