Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Brief Vacation

I took a brief hiatus down in San Diego to visit friends and family...went surfing, helped the parentals pack up the kitchen in preparation for remodeling...hung out with Mo, drank excellent red zinfandel (Quivera) and ate home-made chili soup, cheese & jalapeno scones, and cinnamon coffee bars topped with dark chocolate. I feel fat, sassy, and very relaxed. And not so fat 'cause I also did a heck of a lot of walking! I also brought my ankle and wrist weights with me, which added to the weight of my carry-on by six pounds. Why? It seemed like a good idea at the time...and I did wear 'em while I walked. But I think next time I'll just do without. I nearly killed myself and another passenger while hoiking the damn bag down from the overhead storage bin...

At any rate, more blogging to follow in a day or so! It was good to be gone, but it's good to be back!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    Don't give up the weights!

    As Ah-nuld says,

    No pain, no gain!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Oh, I won't give up on 'em...I just won't include them as vacation accessories!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you got enough weight lifting by carrying boxes of kitchen things

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Ehhh, that was nothing! I should've done it while WEARING my weights! Besides, I hope i won't be doing that every time I visit SD...right? RIGHT?!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet