Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Worst Ever...

I'm currently enjoying some very bad writing. Not MY writing. I'm not enjoying writing badly. I'm talking about reading other writing that's just...bad. Sentences like 'he threw his finger in her direction' and 'It was non-mistakenly Randy with half of his face torn away and his chest and stomach ripped open, free of their internal organs.'

It's the literary equivalent of SHOWGIRLS or BATTLEFIELD EARTH, movies so bad that they should only be viewed in the company of friends, and under the influence of tequila. Drinking games are developed around movies like these.

I'm going to expand upon my love of bad things in tomorrow' s posting; I'm about to leave work (yes, I blog at work!) and have a full slate of cat food shopping, dog walking, and cleaning to do this evening. But for now, I'd like to ask all of you to share YOUR favorite bad movie (I know MANOS, HANDS OF FATE is gonna be there) or writing sample. It's like blood to a vampire, folks. I thrive on it...so please feed me!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm... Jean Claude Van Damme's "Cyborg" comes to mind. I saw that in the theater years ago and we were busting a gut giving it the MST3K treatment (of course this was long before there WAS MST3K) Russ Meyer is another master of the unintentionally hilarious "Beyond the valley of the Dolls" is a hoot, but if you don't watch it with a rowdy crowd, you'll be bored to tears.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I watched BTVOTD with a crowd of rowdy people and a bottle of tequila. It worked....

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What was the TV show where one of the characters asked "Which one of you bitches is my mother?"? I didn't watch the show, but that line was a classic!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Peter said…

    There's always Zardoz.

    Giant floating stone head:
    "The gun is good. The penis is evil."

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I liked Zardoz!!

    Top this: "Wishmaster"! And, of course, all the sequels of such.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Barbarian Queen comes to mind...Where all women are blonde and wear Max Factor makeup and furry Miracle Bras, and all men live in the City of the Bull, call women "WOO-MAN", and fart a lot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet