Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A quick post

I've been very bad about my posts the last few weeks, but things have been in an upheavel so other than a mini mea culpa, I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. I'll let someone else do that, if they really feel they must.

My temp job ended, y'see, and it was where I did most of my writing and emailing. You gotta love a job that pays well and allows you the time to do your own thing, without any repercussions as long as the work gets done. I will definitely miss that job. So I've been on the job search, going back and forth between L.A, San Diego and San Francisco for personal and business reasons, and have managed to catch a cold. Blech. So it's hot toddies, Airborne and Theraflu, as well as bed rest. At least until tomorrow 'cause I'm going on another wine weekend with the Robert Balzer group. I went on one this last April, which prompted me to start my blog 'cause I promised that I'd write about it. I am praying to the various gods of wine that my sense of smell and taste do not desert me in the next three days. 'Cause that would just suck!

I've also figured out that one of the reasons it takes a long time to grieve for a relationship that's ended is that you're not just grieving for the relationship or the person. You're also grieving for all of the dreams that the two of you built up over the years, the ones that will now never manifest in reality. And that's a toughie. I personally invest a lot in my dreams and do my best to make them happen...and I don't let go of anything easily. Except for this damn cold. It can't bugger off soon enough to suit me.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    We miss your frequent posts, but of course life gets in the way sometimes.

    Then again, it adds fuel for writing. Why not write about ... jobs, no jobs, wine, colds, relationship post-mortems, dreams, traveling, et cetera ...

    I will pray to Bacchus (one of my favorite gods) for you!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's to new dreams and to the dreams that have come true and keep coming true every day.
    I love you!

    xoxoxoxo
    -D

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Thank you, FT, for the thoughts and the prayers to my favorite god! I wanna have a Bacchus party...everyone has to wear togas, grape leaves in their hair and drink much wine.

    D, you're the best! xos right back at you...and lots of grape leaves too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet