Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

One of the reasons things are better

This is Sorscha and Spike. Spike is one of my
sister's cats; a huge black panther of a feline (and yes, I know there's really no such thing as a black panther - they're either leopards or jaguars, but 'black panther' describes Spike in a way
that nothing else can) with mischievous yet sweet disposition. Sorscha is one of my seven children (The Von Trapp Family Meowers) from my marriage. Along with Shmoo (short for Asmodeous - don't ask why), Sorscha stayed with Brian when I moved up to San Francisco. She was very happy being only one of two cats and I felt as okay about leaving her (and Shmoo) as it's possible for someone as crazy about my animals to feel when leaving any of them behind, even with their father.

Brian recently relocated to Humboldt for at least a few months. He took Shmoo, who is the epitome of mellow and can handle the various moves. Sorscha, on the other hand, has always been a scaredy cat. It took years before she'd sit on my lap and let me pet her without running away. Neither Brian nor I figured that she'd respond well to being dragged up to Humboldt, where his living situation was only temporary. And at the time, I still had my roommate and her three cats and rather bunctious dog in the house. So we asked Lisa if she'd take Sorscha, at least until one of us was settled.

I think Sorscha's found her home. She's always loved Lisa (maybe something to do with the family crazy cat lady vibe?) and while the adjustment period was inevitable, she's settled in with Spike as her new best friend and has an aura of contentment and calm that comes from feeling safe. So...as much as I'd like to bring her up to San Francisco to live with me again, Sorscha will stay in L.A., where I can visit her (and get into Lisa's excellent wine selection).

And now, off to the chiropractor to vanquish what is now officially a week and a day migraine. And then more interesting posts!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Don't weep, Mr. Fab! Youll never be banal to me.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    Migraine? Could it be caffeine-related? (Too much or too little or withdrawal symptoms)?

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Abyss of Silence said…

    You're really obsessed with caffeine, Free. Just have a cup of coffee and be done with it!!!

    I'm glad Sorscha found her home, Zhadi. It had to be a little sad for you but reassuring as well. Besides, you have enough kitty mouths to worry about.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Er...and now i have two more (temporary) 'cause I'm fostering two little kittens that need some taming so they can be adopted into good homes. They're doing very well, I'm happy to say! Hissy, but i can pick 'em up without incident.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet