Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ghost in the Darkness


machiavelli cat
Originally uploaded by zhadi.
Supposedly cats who've been bottle-fed develop stronger bonds with their human parents. I don't know about that, but I DO know that my first experience with bottle feeding produced a feline with a psychotic personality and a sense of entitlement that makes Paris Hilton look selfless. When he was an adorable little kitten, he was called The Bumble. As his personality developed, we called him Bedlam. Then, when he hit six months and started dragging stuffed animals and furry blankets across the house and hiding them under a luggage rack (his den), he became Tsavo. Tsavo, btw, for those of you who haven't seen the Michael Douglas/Val Kilmer film, Ghost in the Darkness, is the place in Africa where two male lions killed over 140 railroad workers, dragging their bodies off into the night to a cave. I'm not saying my Tsavo would ever do anything that drastic...but he sure holds a grudge...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    heehee!

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger tigra's owner said…

    Hi~
    Thanks for the link to the Cat House. I particularly liked listening to the audio clips! I live in Southern California, so I might check try to go there sometime soon.

    By the way, it's good to know that someone else has a cat whose personality causes you to speculate that you might be a little wary if the cat were a human.

    So, how come "hopefully" isn't a real word?

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I'm so glad you checked out the cathouse - do go there, it's an amazing place. We have Twilight Tours three times a year and they're a lot of fun. I'm the MC for 'em.

    I'll have to ask my mom precisely why 'hopefully' isn't a real word...she's always pounced on me for using it. I gather it's one of those words that's evolved and integrated into everyday usage. My mom IS Henry Higgins...

    If Tsavo were human, I'd hide!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet