Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Non Wine Related

I managed to post a picture in my profile this afternoon. This may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but I'm admittedly technologically backwards and it takes me a while to figure these things out without an I.S./I.T. person standing next to me.

And since it's directly related to one of my other interests (felines, large and small), thought I'd do a quick plug for EFBC/FCC (Exotic Feline Breeding Compound/Feline Conservation Center). It's located in Rosamond, California, is open to the public 6 days a week (closed Wednesdays) and very cool. I've volunteered there for over six years and recommend it highly to anyone with an interest in conservation/exotic felines. www.cathouse-fcc.org. Check it out!

The ocelot in the photo is Rico. He's one of our public relations cats (or was, until he hit puberty and decided he didn't want to sit still to have his photo taken) and was hand-raised towards this goal. He likes to suck on arms, which is kinda cool if you don't mind lots of slimy drool and ocelot hickeys that last a week.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    whoo-hoo! Looks great! You have the option to make the photo bigger as well - I realize that blogger automatically sizes your profile photo - so if you go back to flickr you can choose a larger photo size - that way if people want to get a better look at Rico's pearly whites they can...

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    make rico's photo bigger so we can see!!!

    Also if you change the "felines" tag like you changed the "horror movies/zombies" tag, you will get more like-minded folks...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet