Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I have a dream...

Yes, I know they have to be done. I never imagine my work is perfect. But don't you ever feel like you're stuck in a perpetual GROUNDHOG'S DAY situation with certain projects? I'm thrilled to death that one of my co-written scripts has an option on it (and this deal was made because they found a link to my co-author on my Writerbytes website, so it IS worth the money, folks!), but will the day ever come when someone says, "We love your work! Here's a check!" Not "well, we really like your work, but there's no discretionary funds, so we have to make changes for the various investors/companies/next-door-neighbors that think it'd be better if you changed the heroine to a guy and made the villain a werewolf instead of a vampire."

Sigh...I hope it's not an impossible dream. 'Cause I'm really getting burned out on just about everything these days...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Thanks, you...Hey, where's your little avatar and all that?

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see the "brilliance" of Tinseltown is still as mindless as ever. (Why not make your peotagonist a trans-gender? They'd surely go for THAT! Course you'd have to figure out Which gender to trans into the other.)
    No it's not an impossible dream. The bastards just make you wait forever while THEY are plowing through enough schnapps to be drunk enough to think clearly.
    Hang in there. Be comforted by the fact that you have better taste in potables than they do.
    Jack

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger freethoughtguy said…

    I'll help "D" find himself and his avatar ...

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    Awww...they're not all bastards...I like most everyone i've worked with and my description of said changes are a conglomeration of all the changes I've ever had to make (or been asked to make and stomped my foot and said NO!)...just to be fair. But thank you for your support, Jack!

    FT, I appreciate it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet