Zhadi's Den

Random essays on wine, writing, moving to San Francisco, surfing, cats (exotic and otherwise) and zombies...depending on my mood.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Sin Zin

Just a quick post on a wine I had over the weekend - Sin Zin, a California Zinfandel that I pronounce yummy. It's not too expensive - I found it for around 17 bucks at Bev Mo after trying it in a hotel restaurant by the glass (don't know how much it was by the glass as I wasn't buying). It had all the qualities that I like in a Zinfandel: slightly peppery, warm spice, and plenty of rich berry nose and taste to pull the pepper and spice together into an awesome blend. I had three glasses over the course of three hours; this is the kind of wine that has enough going on that you really want to take your time. To all of my Zinfandel loving friends and family, go try a bottle!

I've also added a link for Nat Decants, my favorite online wine newsletter. The author, Natalie MacLean, has a sense of humor and a very accessible writing style, with lots of interesting facts and great wine picks.

More on my wine weekend later...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    I just picked up a bottle of Lion's Peak - their merlot, not the Cab. Gelson's carries both but is discontinuing the merlot, so I thought, what the hell. That Ventana merlot I had was good enough for me to want to give this a try and we know how good LP Cab is!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Dana Fredsti said…

    I've liked all the Lion's Peak wine I've had...and ya gotta love the label. Hey, save it for me, would ya?

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Other Lisa said…

    I need to buy a proper wine rack...something that will fit under my bar...right now my wine is hiding under my stereo cabinet and my little liquor cabinet and you can't see any of it, which just isn't right...

    But I don't know how I'm going to get around the cellaring requirement...where could I create such a thing?!

    BTW, Wine House has Concannon Cab for 8 bucks a bottle (!). Granted, it's not the best cab I've ever had but it sure as hell is worth more than 8 bucks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Enter your email address below to subscribe to Zhadi's Den!


powered by Bloglet